VISION: RAIN envisions ending HIV in our community.
MISSION: RAIN empowers persons living with HIV and those at risk to be healthy and stigma free.
REMOTE CARE DURING COVID-19
RAIN serves a vulnerable population of people living with and at high risk for HIV. RAIN’s response accounts for the safety and well-being of our clients, staff, and community at large. Below are just a few examples of how RAIN continues to serve, remotely:
- RAIN’s therapists are using HIPAA compliant software to provide counseling virtually.
- RAIN staff are working with the pharmacies to schedule delivery ONE client at a time – asking deliveries to be left at the door
- RAIN staff are reaching out to each client, weekly, to assess their needs such as food, childcare, transportation, medical and mental health – on a regular basis.
- Staff members are assigned different partner organizations and clinical sites to check for changes daily and report back to the entire staff if a change is identified.
- A COVID-19 resource book has been developed (ex: If a client identifies food as a need and there are local restaurants giving away free meals for kids – what are those restaurants, what are the hours, and are there any restrictions).
- A COVID 19 Emergency Assessment has been created and staff are calling our clients to complete it (these calls are made several times).
- All support groups and testing have been postponed until further notice
- All staff are working remotely from their homes
- Regular staff check ins are happening with their supervisors, one on one and in group virtual chat settings
- RAIN continues to make updates via their website, social media and other outlets
Click here to access our staff directory so you can email or call the appropriate staff member. Our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
We will get through this public health challenge together.