EPY (Empowering Positive Youth)
EPY supports youth and young adults living with HIV (12 to 24 years of age). Peer Navigators mentor clients while providing basic case management and social support. Clients meet with Peer Navigators individually and in small groups to work on individualized goals including, but not limited to:
- navigating the healthcare system
- moving from pediatric to adult healthcare
- building healthy relationships
- establishing social support networks
- empowering youth to tell their story in public
EPY’s outcomes exceed the national standard with youth living with HIV.
Service provided in Spanish.
Laurenzo Surrell-Page EPY Peer Navigator