Photo Credit: Jack L. Stutts
Red Ribbon Days
Red Ribbon Days are educational events designed for individual congregations to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS. These events are dedicated to addressing HIV/AIDS from a non-judgmental and compassionate perspective and can be as simple as passing out red ribbons.
The mission is to reduce fear and stigma so that people may begin to talk openly about HIV/AIDS and to assist those living with HIV/AIDS.
Activities may include:
● HIV/AIDS themed worship
● Moment for mission in your worship service
● RAIN staff and volunteers as guest speakers
● Display table with facts and information
● Distribution of red ribbons to members of your congregation
● Celebration of World AIDS Day, December 1st of each year
For more information please contact:
Geneva Galloway Director of Community Services
704.372.RAIN (7246) ext. 115